What are signs and symptoms of allergies?What is allergies and how do you treat allergies? What are allergic reactions?
What are allergies?
If you have an allergy then we can explained this as follows. An allergy is a reaction of your immune system. Your immune system reacts to allergens which are not necessarily harmful. Allergens such as pollen, animal dander or feces of mites, mold or certain components of food. Allergens generally come through the skin or airways into your body. Your immune system will try to kill the allergens, creating a somewhat an excessive allergic reaction.
Symptoms allergic reactions
Symptoms such as a runny nose, watery eyes, itching, tightness, and sometimes even diarrhea are common allergic reactions. The above reactions are not from the allergen, they are caused by the immune system that reacts to the allergen. The allergic reaction can be quick, fierce and difficult to control. The allergic reaction is explained by the release of a good amount of histamine. Active substances in the organs, skin tissue or in our bloodstream. If the reaction is caused by histamine in the bloodstream may be a life-threatening allergic reaction or an anaphylactic shock may occur.
What are the signs and symptoms of allergies? Below is a list.
- Skin rash and mucous membrane rashes. With this you can think of redness, bumps and swellings.
- Atopic eczema.
- Contact eczema.
- Hay fever.
- Tightness (eg asthma or bronchitis).
- Circulatory shock, when no immediate action is taken the person may die.
What is the treatment of allergies When you have an allergic reaction these are the possible treatments:
- With a stuffy nose it is best when you use nose drops or spray containing xylometazoline.It is better to not use these medications longer than a week. These aids are addictive.
- If you suffer from hay fever it is best to use nose drops or spray with cromoglycate. Use this for 2 weeks so the aid works at its best.
- If you have problems with your eyes it is best to use eye drops with cromoglycate.
Do not self treat your allergy if you do not know the cause of the allergic reaction. Inform a doctor immediately and call when needed a medical center for the necessary assistance. Improper treatment can aggravate the allergy and can have harmful effects.